Motorola Solutions’ WAVE offering has been updated with new features, new capabilities, a new device and a new name, WAVE PTX. No longer just push-to-talk, WAVE PTX offers more, including emergency call, location-based temporary groups and live video streaming.
WAVE is Motorola Solutions’ broadband push-to-talk (PTT) service that allows users to communicate across any device and any network. It provides users with the ability to quickly and easily talk, send text messages or their location. It even allows documents or multi-media files to be shared with individuals or teams, all at the push of a button.
The service has now been upgraded and enhanced to include new functionality:
- The new SafeGuard package adds advanced features to boost performance
- Live video streaming provides others with a real-time view of events as they happen
- Radio and Standard Modes for the Mobile App customizes the interface to suit use case
- New TLK 150 mobile radio, designed for in-vehicle use.
WAVE PTX SAFEGUARD
Enhance safety, improve situational awareness
The optional SafeGuard package provides WAVE PTX users with an extensive set of MCPTT-based features for mission essential communications when professional mobile radio is not an option.
- Emergency calling & alerting with the highest priority and pre-emption using dedicated hard or soft button
- Remote user check shows supervisors the health of a device including battery level, signal strength and location
- Ambient listening lets supervisors check on the well-being of users by remotely opening their device’s microphone
- Discreet listening allows supervisors to monito communications between a targeted user and other PTT callers
- User enable/disable means device operation on the WAVE PTX network can be enabled or disabled remotely
- Location-based temporary groups adds and removes members from talk groups as they enter or leave a defined geographical area
- LMR Interoperability connects WAVE PTX and two-way radio systems for unified communications
See events and activities as they happen
Add the streaming video option to the WAVE PTX mobile or dispatch applications to increase communication clarity and improve situational awareness with live video at the push of a button
- Continuously stream live video to other users, dispatch or talk groups
- Simultaneously stream video and initiate/receive PTT calls
- Request streaming video from other users (dispatchers only)
- Increase clarity and improve situational awareness resulting in faster, more accurate communication
WAVE PTX MOBILE APPLICATION MODES
One application, two modes
Make communication easier and more efficient be selecting the mode that best fits with each user’s calling needs:
- PTT Radio mode emulates the look and feel of conventional radio, including support for up to 96 talkgroups across the 12 available zones
- Standard mode for device-based management of contacts, talkgroups and scan lists.
WAVE PTX DISPATCH
Centralised communications anywhers
Simplify day-to-day operations with WAVE PTX Dispatch. Log in from any internet connection and get access to all the communication tools you need to manage your resources and coordinate an effective operation.
Regardless of location, with WAVE PTX Dispatch you’re just a click away.
WAVE PTX TLK100 & TLK150
The TLK Series radios offer a robust form factor that can withstand everyday knocks and drops and combine 3G/4G and Wi-Fi connectivity to provide fast and reliable broadband PTT communications.
- Over-the-Air device management
- Robust design
- Wi-Fi connectivity
- Location tracking
- Loud and clear audio
- Private and group push-to-talk
- Real-time presence
- Seamless roaming
- Multi-network compatibility
- Optimised cellular to Wi-Fi handover
WAVE PTX Brochure
WAVE PTX Mobile App datasheet
WAVE PTX Dispatch datasheet
WAVE PTX TLK100 datasheet
WAVE PTX TLK150 datasheet